- IT / STEM
>>相關新聞: 大學生就業空缺勁減16%(太陽報 2015-5-19)<<
Fundamental to Highflyers
Essential CV, Cover Letter Writing & Job Interview Workshop
Fundamental to Highflyers is a CV and Cover Letter Writing & Job Interview Workshop, which is designed to equip participants with practical skills to write an impressive resume, tips on writing cover letters, and serves to equip participants with the knowledge of interview skills in contemporary business environment.
| Course Contents
Your passport to a workplace
CV and Cover Letter
The first part of the workshop is designed to give participants the skills to target their written applications to specific employers, demonstrate their competencies, and make a great first impression. Participants will learn how to prepare a powerful CV, compose a striking cover letter, conduct self-presentation and identifying accessible ‘routes to the market’. In addition, participants will learn about the characteristics of effective resumes and cover letters and find out how to target their resume and maximise interest in their cover letter by articulating their skills and accomplishments.
Making a Brilliant First Impression in Your Interview
Laying a solid foundation for a job interview is of vital importance. One of the most common interview mistakes is being ineffectively prepared, giving a poor presentation of work experience and lacking in self confidence. The second part of the workshop looks at the preparation required before an interview and gives an insight into what happens in different types of interviews including panel, telephone and assessment centre situations.
Participants will get essential tips and advice on polishing interview technique and calming interview nerves so they can leave a lasting impression with the interviewers.
The workshop covers comprehensive aspects of a job interview including: interview preparation; job specification analysis; body language; how to tackle competency based questions; how to structure their answers; how to best market themselves and how to answer difficult questions. Participants will also learn how to stand out favourably from the crowd through positive post-interview reflection.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Compile a powerful personal profile (resume) and get short-listed for job interviews.
2. Define the essential components of a cover letter and prepare a striking cover letter that will capture employers' attention.
3. Respond effectively to selection criteria in job applications.
4. Discover the careers that best suit their interests, values and personality.
5. Identify their transferable skills.
6. Create a vision statement and define their career goals and develop strategies to achieve them.
7. Evaluate their own skills and achievements and how best to articulate this information effectively on the Curriculum Vitae.
8. Understand the importance of, and define what is involved in, thorough interview preparation.
◦ Market their strengths and defend their weaknesses.
◦ Identify the best forms of verbal and non-verbal communication in order to conduct themselves in a professional manner before, during and after an interview.
◦ Practise their interview skills in a series of simulated scenarios.
◦ Master strategies for responding to introductory, behavioral and scenario- based questions; build their confidence levels.
◦ Develop a career action plan which includes identifying the practical steps (research employers and target industries, understand the hidden job market, formulate effective Q&A, etc) that guide the career planning process and which of those steps needs development.
Resume Rescue Sessions: one-to-ones(optional)
Following the workshop, participants are invited to attend an one-to-one resume rescue session with the instructor. The 30-min session aims to offer feedback, tips and advice on content, formatting, headings and layout of the CV. It helps participants to explore the steps needed to plan and take their career forward.
Please bring a hard copy of your resume and be prepared for constructive and open feedback.
| Course Schedule
Date & Time : TBC
Ms. Chung is an accomplished educator with a demonstrated ability to teach, motivate, and direct her students while maintaining their high interest and achievement. She is an articulate communicator who is able to effectively interact with diverse populations of English language learners from all academic levels and walks of life.
Ms. Chung believes in the importance of tailoring lessons to successfully respond to the unique needs of students. While teaching adult learners with varying interests, she employed the use of practice conversations focusing on those specific themes, rather than using the inflexible topics found within textbooks. She also found relevant and timely topics for discussion from current media outlets. Her unique teaching style, combined with her many years of experience in the corporate world, has been recognised and embraced by her modern day students as a preferred and comprehensive learning experience.
| Course fee
Original Course Fee : HK$ 1500
2 or more enrollment : HK$ 1200(20% Off)